Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Celtx - Open-source Production Writing/Collaboration

I'm sure both of my readers are well aware that I serve my local church with various technical media needs. I have become increasingly aware that open-source software can meet most software needs for a church, even a media-centric church like ours.

The latest bit of software I've run across is Celtx - software for pre-production writing, organization, and collaboration. Not only is the software itself free (under the Mozilla Public License), but the collaboration website (pc.celtx.com) appears to be free as well.

My wife is in charge of a family-oriented worship service our church has after the adult morning service. I expect that this software could save her some time, both in the writing/editing of the scripts, but also in collaborating with the others involved - the Children's Ministry director, our pastor, actors, and technical people.

I haven't played with it yet, but based on the video tutorials, it looks like a great addition to my open-source software library.

No comments: